Safety is a critical element in the growth and productivity of any company. Any organization that treats this safety aspect differently is far behind schedule. Ensuring a safe work environment for everyone who interacts with the business premises and assets offers an incredible way of gaining a competitive edge over your rivals. Managers and owners of businesses that share these sentiments are witnessing tremendous strides. They take nothing to chance and even have biohazard labels in all the relevant areas within the premises.
What are work safety labels?
Workplace safety labels act as the first source of information to employees about the hazards associated with a given product. According to the 2015’s WHMIS, the labels of hazardous products must relay the following types of information:
• Product identifiers – the name of the product as it appears on the packaging container as well as the SDS (safety data sheet).
• Hazard pictograms (not mandatory).
• Precautionary statements – explains standard measures for preventing or minimizing the adverse effects of the product.
• Reference to SDS – if it is available
Contrary to popular belief, some of the deadliest factors in the workplace originate not on moving vehicles or heavy machines, but from things such as biological hazards. Such dangers should be marked using biohazard stickers and biohazard labels to warn employees, visitors and authorities about their existence, and as such, observe caution when handling them.
Benefits of having biohazard labels
1. Fewer injuries at the workplace mean reduced costs to the business. When a member of staff suffers an injury on the job the company hurts a lot regarding lost work hours, higher rates of insurance, and employee compensation, not mentioning a possible litigation. The consequences are far-reaching since the incident affects the non-injured workers as well. A single injury is enough to bring productivity to a halt or even cause unnecessary and costly delays.
2. Employers would not trade the loyalty of their employees with anything in the world. They know that a sufficiently motivated worker is a loyal worker. Ensuring their safety is one way of keeping them motivated. It shows that you are concerned about their wellbeing, and the most natural reaction from them is working even harder. This will reflect positively on the company performance. A manager who knows this should have no problem investing in all the appropriate biohazard sign (s).
3. Investing in biohazard labels and stickers leads to the production of higher quality products. Typically, a safe work environment promotes the highest level of efficiency and the workers’ ability to create better products capable of delivering increased customer loyalty, and in turn, higher profit margins. The information and resources at ICC Compliance Center can provide you with additional insights.
Modern organizations should not see the workplace safety as yet another expensive legislation demanding compliance, but rather, as a practical way of developing an efficient, productive and an inspiring work environment. The manner in which this safety aspect is approached eventually determines a company’s performance and profitability.